Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology
Second Opinions & Consultations
The following features have been incorporated into our consult service to better serve our consulting physicians:
- Cases sent in as general, or non-directed, are assigned to the appropriate expert.
- Seamless handling of specimens encompassing more than one pathology specialty, resulting in one comprehensive report.
- Direct line to responsive central receptionist to handle inquiries.
- Prompt response
- Automatic faxed notification that cases have been received
- 2-3 day turnaround on cases not requiring additional studies
- Reports automatically faxed and hard copies sent when case is signed out
- Automatic return of all slides and paraffin blocks, by Federal Express, unless permission granted by consulting physician.
- Direct billing of patients, if desired and with appropriate information provided.
© Copyright 2002-2017 Johns Hopkins University All Rights Reserved