Anatomic Pathology Consultation Services
To send consult slides:
If you are a pathologist or clinician/physician, please complete the Consultation request form.
Forward slides by courier or express mail to:Johns Hopkins Medical Laboratories
1620 McElderry Street
Reed Hall Room 315
Baltimore, MD 21205
To order tests, confer with faculty or handle processing and billing inquiries, please call Customer Service at 1-800-997-5475.
The Johns Hopkins Medical Laboratory provides world-recognized expertise in Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology consultation. Our pathologists accept traditional glass slide second opinion consultations or digitally scanned whole slides.
Digital consults may be submitted to Johns Hopkins Pathology by contacting email@example.com to set up an account.
The following features have been incorporated into our consult service to better serve our consulting physicians:
- Broad expertise in virtually all specialties
- Direct line to responsive central receptionist to handle inquiries
- Prompt response
- Automatic faxed notification that cases have been received
- Two-to-three-day turnaround on cases not requiring additional studies
- Reports automatically faxed and hard copies sent when case is signed out
- ePathAccess or Xifin Pro.net consult reports are sent electronically via the web-based consultation network
- Automatic return of all slides and paraffin blocks, by Federal Express, unless permission granted by consulting physician
© Copyright 2002-2015 Johns Hopkins University All Rights Reserved